If your laptop isn’t charging, you’re experiencing a problem that plagues many users. To fix this, you might consider finding a reputable laptop repair service.
The top three most common problems: Broken power jacks, broken power adapters and bad batteries.
Follow these steps to diagnose:
- If you unplug the battery and plug the power cord in, does the laptop power on?
- If YES: it is likely you have a faulty battery, replace it!
- If NO: your laptop is not receiving sufficient power – or possibly any at all.
- Do you have another power adapter (or one from another laptop with the same voltage)?
Try connecting it – does the laptop power on now?
- If YES, your laptop power adapter is faulty, replace it!
- If NO:
The power jack is damaged, or there is a more severe problem.
You can try sending your computer into a laptop repair service,
expect to pay anywhere between $50.00 and $150.00 dollars to
have your power jack replaced.
(If you feel comfortable, you can also repair your laptop’s power jack yourself.)