RAM is even more important on a laptop than a desktop machine, as RAM helps a computer run more efficiently. It will reduce heat output and extend the life of the components. You can usually upgrade your laptop’s RAM for less than $50.
How to upgrade laptop RAM
- Look beneath your laptop, there should be a flap with a screw with a small diagram of a chip. This is where the RAM is.
- Unscrew it and see how many slots you have free.
- If you have none free, you’ll have to replace one or both. If you have one free, you can just add RAM to it.
- To remove a memory stick, push the clips either side of the stick outwards and the stick should pull out at an angle.
- To install a memory stick, push the board in at an angle, then push it down so that the clips lock it in.
To find the correct RAM for your laptop, I recommend using CRUCIAL’s memory selector tool. Search it on Google!